‘Meet the Providers’
A Unique chance to meet the providers of Post 16 Education & Training in Bristol
Working together we can ensure that Bristol’s Young People have a Guarantee of a Suitable Place in Education, Employment and Training in September 2019 and September 2020
Thursday 19th September 4pm – 6pm
The City & Port Of Bristol Social & Sports Club
Easy parking and travel connections via road, bus and train
The City and Port of Bristol Social & Sports Club (PBA club) is just a short distance from the City centre, there is lots of parking and bus and rail links. Follow the A4 out of Bristol towards Avonmouth and the M5. At the traffic lights in Shirehampton, take the turning onto Hung road and then the 2nd right onto Nibley Road. The entrance is signposted (but a little hidden between two residential houses). http://www.pbaclub.co.uk/contact/how-to-find-us/
If you are interested in hosting a stand at the event please to contact Alex Richards at WTPN - WTPN (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Immediate starts available for young people who have not yet got a suitable offer in September 2019……..
Who is the event for?
· Careers Co-ordinators/Independent Careers Advisers/Heads of Year 11/12 Year 11/12 Tutors who work with young people in school and colleges providing support for progression and careers information, advice and guidance
· Staff (Local Authority and Voluntary Sector) who provide support to young people who are currently Not participating in Education, employment and training (NEET) who:
o Are ready to re-engage in education, employment or training
o Are not ready for full time education but would benefit from part time education or engagement activity
· Careers Co-ordinators/Heads of Sixth who work with young people who have completed year 12 but are looking to change direction?
· Careers Co-ordinators/Heads of Sixth who work with young people who have completed their A levels and who are considering an apprenticeship as an alternative to going to university?
How will the young people you work with benefit?
This event will provide you with an opportunity for you to meet providers and find out what they can offer the young people you are working with immediately and in September 2020 :
· Course details
· Enrolment dates
· Entry requirements ( Entry Level, Level 1,2,3)
· Financial support available, e.g. Bursaries, Travel costs, Free school meals, etc.
· Links to employers
· Progression - What the programmes lead on to?
· School visit
Education and training providers attending deliver a range of short courses, part-time courses, full-time courses starting in September and also ‘roll-on roll-off’ programmes including:
· Employability/get in to work programmes
· Engagement programmes
· Study programmes
Providers are keen to meet you and discuss the needs of young people you are working with that have not found a suitable offer yet for this September, you can also be proactive and discuss what will be on offer to next year’s Year 11, 12, and 13 leavers.
Please Book your place here:
This event has been organised in partnership with Bristol City Council and the Western Training Provider Network.
Eventbrite invite …… https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/meet-the-provider-event-tickets-65517627989