How to be a chef
A free training programme
Square Food Foundation’s if offering 12 week free training programme in food and cooking
This accredited programme is being delivered by Square Food Foundation in partnership with Bristol 24/7.
What the course provides?
The courses gives you cooking skills and food knowledge you need to get work in the food industry. You’ll spend two days each week in the Square Food kitchen, plus a third day doing work experience at local food businesses or visiting growers, farmers and factories.
You’ll leave with experience of working in different types of food business, an understanding of the different opportunities the industry has to offer and the skills you need to get a job!
What the course covers:
• Butchery and meat cookery
• Fish cookery
• Vegetarian and vegan cookery
• Making bread, pastries and desserts
• Preserving, pickling and curing food
• Work placements at top Bristol food businesses
• Opportunities to take part in large-scale catering events
• Career pathways
• A Food Hygiene certificate
• Level 2 BTec in Home Cooking Skills
• Wider food issues and animal welfare
Programme starts 18th of September 2019
3 days per week x 12 weeks
For young people aged 16+
The Deadline for enrollments will be 4th September!
For more information on the course please, click on this link here. This provides you with the course leaflet.
For further details or Got a question? Get in touch to talk to the course teachers or register your interest.
Here are the details:
Telephone: 0117 903 9780